Position: Acting Out! Coordinator
Hours: 30 hours per week (Programming is evenings and weekends)
Location: 6 FJ McAulay Court, Charlottetown, PE
Contract: Until December 2018
The Acting Out! Coordinator will work with women whom have experienced abuse to develop theatrical monologues, songs, and dance, which tells of their personal experiences. The finalized show will be performed at various locations across PEI such as The Guild, as well as violence prevention and domestic advocacy events.
REPORTS TO: The Executive Assistant and ultimately the President and Chief of NCPEI
Carry out the purpose and objectives of the Native Council of PEI
· Increase knowledge and awareness of the different types of abuse, such as: physical, emotional, mental, sexual, and psychological.
· Encourage women to share their stories through the healthy outlet of songs, skits, and monologues.
· Create a women’s group that will put on their self-created performance to increase awareness of violence in relationships, and to create a constructive discussion on domestic abuse.
· Inspire leadership by empowering participants to effect change throughout PEI using monologues and open discussion through a safe medium of self-reflection.
· Establish a self-funded, ongoing initiative after the first year with the performance generating income through ticket sales and other private/public bookings or requests.
· Bachelor Degree with a Minor in Theatre or equivalent education and experience.
· A strong background in Theatre Arts, especially pertaining to Aboriginal populations.
· Demonstrated crisis management and de-escalation of potentially intense situations.
· A strong background in program management including implementation and evaluation.
· Demonstrated success working with Aboriginal communities in related capacity.
· Expertise with case management and the development of monologues, songs, and dance.
· High level of organizational, administrative and facilitative skills.
· Proficiency in the use of computers for: Word processing, databases, e-mail, power point, internet.
· Must provide a Clear Criminal Record Check for the Vulnerable Sector within 60 days.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to:
Native Council of PEI
6 FJ McAulay Court, Charlottetown, PE
Subject Line: Acting Out! Coordinator Application
CLOSING DATE: Until position filled
• As per section 16 (a) of the Canadian Human Rights Act: Preference will be given to persons of Aboriginal ancestry