Position: Employment & Training Coordinator
Hours: 37.5 per week
Location: 6 FJ McAulay Court, Charlottetown, PE
The Employment & Training Coordinator provides assistance to managers and employees with respect to HR policies and procedures, as well as, provide pre-employment training and educational supports/funding through our SUCCESS (Employment & Education Program) and ASETS (Aboriginal Skills & Employment Training Strategy Program).
REPORTS TO: The Management Team & ultimately President & Chief
· Maintain resumé filing system to develop a list of candidates for short-term/contract positions.
· Facilitate the hiring of new NCPEI team members which includes orientation training.
· Maintain personnel files and ensure all documentation is up-to-date.
· Support performance reviews, grievances, disciplinary processes, and exit strategy.
· Seek out and develop new partnerships for work placements.
· Identify barriers to employment and assist clients with job readiness.
· Prepare monthly and year-end program activity reports.
· Attend career fairs and educational institution open houses to promote NCPEI.
· Facilitate two-days of employability skills classroom training for period of 8-weeks with youth.
· Assist members in applying for ASETS funding, determine successful candidates with direction from our ASETS Committee, and provide follow-up support and reporting.
· Post secondary education with an emphasis on Human Resources or a combination of relevant education and facilitation experience.
· Some working knowledge of Human Resource practices, Labour Standards Act, and the Human Rights Act.
· Must be able to maintain and promote strict client confidentiality.
· Experience in preparing professional correspondences, monthly activity, and year-end reports.
· Must be highly motivated, require minimal supervision and possess a positive attitude.
· Working knowledge of budgets considered an asset.
· Knowledge of Indigenous culture and communities an asset.
· Must possess a valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle, vulnerable sector clear criminal record check clearance.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to:
Native Council of PEI
6 FJ McAulay Court, Charlottetown, PE
Subject Line: Employment & Training
CLOSING DATE: October 23 at 4:00pm
• As per section 16 (a) of the Canadian Human Rights Act: Preference will be given to persons of Aboriginal ancestry