Position: Executive Assistant
Contract: Full-time to March 31, 2019 (possibility of an extension)
Wage: $17/hour based on 37.5 hours per week
The Executive Assistant (EA) of the Native Council of PEI oversees, implements, and reports on the Basic Organization Capacity (BOC) workplan and contribution agreement. The EA is responsible for the administrative aspects of the portfolio which includes: townhall meetings, Annual General Assembly, Board Meetings, etc. They also provide administrative support to the Executive, Management Team, and the Project Coordinators to ensure the completion of the BOC year- end report which includes monitoring program reports.
REPORTS TO: The President and Chief
· Responsible for all aspects of the BOC portfolio, including but not limited to: Finalizing the Annual Narrative Report, engaging program coordinator’s in their workplans in a supportive role, assisting with organizing and implementing the Annual AGA along with the creation of the AGA “kit”, assisting with organizing Townhall meetings, Zone Meetings, other meetings and events of the council, etc.
· Provide administrative support to Senior Management team when required.
· Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks for the President and Chief including: composing and preparing correspondence, monitoring “Calls for Proposals” and assisting management with completion of proposals when necessary.
· Monitor monthly staff reports to ensure funding compliance.
· Board maintenance which includes but not limited to: criminal record check, contact information, updating board binders, maintaining Board Minute Book, travel arrangements, bookings, taking meeting minutes.
· Compile and review Program Coordinator’s funding reports one week prior to the submission deadline for management review and submission.
· Ensure that the President and Chief is cc’d and forwarded any communication relevant to NCPEI’s mission, vision, mandate, events, proposals, reports, and others deemed necessary by the President and Chief.
· Perform other related duties as required and/or requested (AGA, Pow wow, National Aboriginal Day, Christmas Events, etc)
· Relevant post secondary education with 2-3 years of experience or a combination of education and experience
· Experience writing high-level reports to a variety of funding bodies
· Experience in Non-profit Board operations (meeting minutes, catering, board binders, booking travel, etc)
· Experience in assisting executives with proposal development
· Knowledge of the Aboriginal community an asset
· Experience in event planning an asset
· Must possess a valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle, vulnerable sector clear criminal record check clearance
Please submit your cover letter and resume to:
Native Council of PEI
6 FJ McAulay Court, Charlottetown, PE
Subject Line: Executive Assistant
CLOSING DATE: January 26 at 4:00pm
Preference may be given to Aboriginal people