Position: Finance Assistant/ Bookkeeper
Contract: Full-time to March 31, 2019 (possibility of an extension)
Wage: $16/hour based on 37.5 hours per week
The Finance Assistant (FA) is responsible for processing a high volume of accounts payable transactions for 2 companies with various departments. The FA is also responsible for the administrative functions of the finance office.
REPORTS TO: The Finance Director
· Review all incoming invoices for accuracy.
· Review all employee expense claims for accuracy and for proper authorization.
· Process all incoming invoices and expense claims including correct expense accounts, department codes and recording of HST expense.
· Code and post all pre-authorized payments and bank charges monthly.
· Monitor all utilities accounts, download, code and post in a timely manner.
· Daily filing and photocopying.
· Postal runs and bank deposits as needed.
· Assist Finance Director as needed.
· Prepare payroll.
· Issue payments.
· Prepare bank deposits.
· Prepare program financial reports/updates.
· Work with the Finance Director to assist in the annual audit process.
· Knowledge and practical experience with Sage/ Simply Accounting, and Excel.
· Experience and knowledge of non-profit organizations.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· High attention to detail.
· Complete knowledge of bookkeeping functions, including but not limited to invoicing, inventory controls, preparation of payables, and banking deposits.
· Demonstrated financial organizational skills
· Capacity to work independently with minimal supervision.
· Proven ability to work cooperatively with staff and partners in a professional manner
· Must possess a valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle, vulnerable sector clear criminal record check clearance
Please submit your cover letter and resume to:
Native Council of PEI
6 FJ McAulay Court, Charlottetown, PE
Subject Line: Finance Assistant/ Bookkeeper
CLOSING DATE: January 26 at 4:00pm
Preference may be given to Aboriginal people