Position: Pre-GED Facilitator (Two Positions)
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Location: 1 Position to be located at: 6 FJ McAulay Court, Charlottetown, PE
2nd Position to be located at: 35262 Western Rd. Coleman, PE
Contract: January 2018 – April 2018
The Pre-GED Facilitator will assist the Program Coordinator to offer a full range of instructional services that will prepare students looking to develop the basic literacy skills necessary to participate in the education of their children, find and keep family sustaining employment, or advance to GED training.
REPORTS TO: The Pre-GED Program Coordinator
Carry out the purpose and objectives of the Native Council of PEI
· Working with adults to increase literacy levels using life plans, real-life contextual learning experiences, and technology.
· Recruit participants, including participating in community outreach programs.
· Plan and deliver learning activities that reflect the values, beliefs, needs, and contributions of the indigenous community.
· Work with students on an individual basis and provide appropriate evaluation, assessment, and feedback to students.
· Identify resources to support instruction implementation and where required.
· Manage the classroom and ensure an optimum learning experience.
· Maintain accurate and complete records as required by administrative regulations and policy.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Education or equivalent experience and education.
· Experience in teaching adult learners.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Knowledge of community resources and skills in networking.
· A strong background in program management including implantation and evaluation.
· Demonstrated success working with Aboriginal students in a related capacity.
· High level of organizational, administrative, and facilitative skills.
· Must provide a Clear Criminal Record Check for the Vulnerable Sector within 60 days.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to:
Native Council of PEI
6 FJ McAulay Court, Charlottetown, PE
Subject Line: Pre-GED Facilitator
Please state which location you are applying to in the Subject Line
CLOSING DATE: Until position filled
• As per section 16 (a) of the Canadian Human Rights Act: Preference will be given to persons of Aboriginal ancestry